Effective layering for any outdoor activity follows the same set of rules, right?
- the base layer keeps you dry
- the mid layer keeps you warm
- the outer layer fends off the elements
- Point6 baselayers use 100% Extra Fine 18.5 Micron New Zealand Merino Wool, (“Micron” is a measurement of the thickness of an individual fiber. 18.5 is the finest used by any base layer manufacturer). Nothing will keep you as dry in such a wide range of temperatures. Merino wool’s antimicrobial and odor resistant properties are superior to any synthetic or wool blend. Everyone on the hut trip will thank you.
- Point6 uses Compact Spun merino wool yarn in all our socks and baselayers - we're the only company to do so. Compact Spinning produces a thinner thread that still has the soft hand merino wool is known for. It also eliminates pilling and significantly increases product durability.
- Baselayer tops feature a shoulder panel to eliminate top seams. Noticeably more comfortable, especially with a pack.
- Our baselayers use an Interlock knit for UPF 50+ and flatlock seams prevent chafing and rubbing.
- Men’s bottoms have a covered elastic waistband and a fly. Women’s bottoms have a wide, self fabric covered elastic waistband for comfort.
The line includes Men's and Women's crew tops and 1/4 zipfront tops to match the bottoms.
Prices are $100 for the bottoms and crew neck tops, $100 for the 1/4 zips.
All Point6's merino wool is treated with Plasma Clean during the wash process. The "superwash" method used by our competitors uses chlorine, producing toxic by-products. Our process is GOTS, IVN, OEKO-TEX® and bluesign-approved. It produces no pollutants.
Available right now at Point6.com and through select retailers.